Blog Archive - 2007
- I’ve been trying to read and meditate on “My Utmost for His Highest” for a few minutes before I start work each morning. Today’s entry had an interesting phrase that I thought I’d share with everyone. He used the phrase “internal martyrdom” to talk about how we should “die to ourselves” for Jesus Christ. The concept of “dying to yourself” has never made a lot of sense to me, but for whatever reason “internal martyrdom” resonated more with me. That’s all. Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I’ve been working a lot on a new website for our church.
In honor of the Superman shirt that our friend Zach wore last night at small group, I thought I’d put this up here… His wife Sarah reads this blog sometimes, so this is mostly for her.
- Mike and I have decided to use cloth diapers for Baby Goodwin. They have changed a lot over the past decade, and they are now as convenient as disposable diapers (just more laundry, obviously). We have a lot of reasons for using the cloth diapers. Some people have mentioned that they are interested in purchasing some diapers for us for the showers, so I thought I’d explain a little more about the diapers here.
- Today Steve Jobs announced the new iPhone. It looks like it might be pretty interesting. Although, I’m guessing it will cost a pretty penny. Apple - iPhone
In honor of 24 starting on Sunday night, I’m going to post some nice new Jack Bauer quotes. I am unashamedly ripping these off of Emily Johnson’s blog. I filtered her list down to the ones I find most funny:
- My wedding ring picture has been used again.
- Hey everyone! It seems as though Baby G has some plans of his/her own. On Wednesday morning, I started leaking a little bit, and on Wednesday night, I was admitted to Home Hospital. I have a tear in my amniotic sac. Don’t worry! Baby and I are just fine! All of our vitals are looking great, and the doctor estimated (from the ultrasound) that Baby G weighs about 5 lbs. already! The estimate can be off +/- 1 lb, so that gives us a range of about 4-6 lbs.
- As you know, Lindsay is in the hospital until the baby arrives. However, our friends and family still showed up yesterday to give her a baby shower at the hospital. She seemed extremely happy and thankful for everyone who showed up to give us their support and gifts. While the girls were having their shower, Dad took me and some family and friends to BW3’s for lunch (love the tender wraps). Then some of us went to see the movie “Children of Men”. I had heard good things from multiple people about the movie, but I didn’t really like it too much.
- So, we thought Paw Prints was bad about adding extra services. We decided to move to “Vet and Pets as Friends”. Today, I took Peyton in to get two vaccines (distemper and bordatella). The vaccines cost something like $40 combined. How much did I pay? over $120